SeenON! Guest Blogger: Gabrielle Solis With Short HairFILED UNDER: Desperate Housewives, Eva Longoria, Gabrielle Solis, Guest Blogger, Rihanna Posted: November 14, 2008 by editor | LEAVE A COMMENT
Holy flash-forward Batman! Have you noticed how the ladies of Wisteria Lane on Desperate Housewives have advanced in time by 5 years! It of course makes for more juicy plots and it also makes room to add younger characters (I always love it when soap operas or TV shows age little toddlers by five or ten years overnight).
The biggest change in this flash-forward has got to be Gabrielle Solis’ (played by Eva Longoria-Parker) new shorter hair style and her new status as a stay-at-home mom with a working-class handicapped husband.
I find it interesting that when Gabrielle and Carlos were high rolling in shady activities and mucho dinero, Gabrielle’s long hair crowned her face, but now that money is tight, she’s sporting a very short and quite un-kept bob.
A few other unmistakable changes include the fact that Gabrielle, who never went out to pick-up the daily paper at her door without full on makeup, is now walking around town without even a little lipgloss. Additionally, Gabrielle who also used to wear tight and revealing designer clothing is now wearing loose fitting and fairly matronly fashion.
You’ve got to hand it to the stylist on that show â€¦ the transformation from Riches to Rags is complete!
That said, I thought I’d touch on the point of shorter hair a little further.
Shorter bobs are the rage since Victoria Beckham moved to this side of the Atlantic and she converted her BFF Katie Holmes (aka Mrs. Tom Cruise) to chop off her long dark brown hair for a shorter and edgier style that is now the envy of so many women.
I’d say that one of the biggest trends in Hollywood right now has been leading ladies cutting their hair short.
If you are going to sport a short bob, you’ll want to take these 10 beauty and style tips into consideration:
1. Remember that short hair can look very un-kept if you don’t make an effort.
2. Make sure that you have a statement hair color that turn heads.
3. You want to make that your hair is well conditioned to avoid any frizziness.
4. Your flat iron will become your best friend!
5. Keep your hair well cut at all times – that means you’ll need to see your hairdresser every 4-6 weeks or so to maintain the cut.
6. Make sure you go for a bob that’s not too severe and that compliments your features.
7. Play with makeup – you can get away with bolder makeup without looking too over the top when you have shorter because there is less distraction than when you have a lot of hair.
8. Play with bolder jewelry – especially necklaces and earrings!
9. Put a lot of accent on your lips and your lip color. Often times bobs will hug the jaw line giving a lot of emphasis to your lips – make sure your show them off with flattering colors or bold red lips.
10. If you want to go short for one day or a weekend, a short bob wig will do the trick and it’s also a great way to see if you’ll like a shorter-do!